Enterprise mobility, some trends for 2018
The new year already shows some trends in terms of enterprise mobility. This concept not only refers to the idea that employees work outside the office, but that little by little this has become a new way of looking at life and a highly productive work style.
It does not matter if we do it from home, a hotel or a restaurant, ICTs have allowed us to conduct virtual meetings, information transfers or consult databases, without having to be at the physical headquarters of the company.
Some practices are consolidated and others are perfected. So pay attention and review the trends that will mark enterprise mobility in 2018!
- Increased use of the Internet of Things (IoT): Today, it is normal to see smart lights, printers, and even refrigerators connected to the Internet. To the extent that machines have been able to imitate more cognitive functions, artificial intelligence has been slipping into modern day-to-day dynamics. No wonder the giant AT&T opted to promote its own “Digital Life” solution with amazing dichotomous measures controlled from an app. The possibility of more devices connecting to the Internet has been key to promote enterprise mobility practices around the world. Therefore, this 2018 we will see the Internet of Things technology much more consolidated in business areas. Having more interconnected equipment will make it easier to compile and share information from customers, partners and employees, in order to make important business decisions.
- Increased operations on the Cloud: The flexibility, scalability, performance and automation of network functions have made the Cloud Computing era to be more consolidated every year. Cloud solutions have proved particularly valuable so that employees who work remotely can access the resources of their organization.
- Greater use of location-based business apps: The use of applications has been increasing to the extent that mobile devices, in addition to connectivity, offer greater capabilities to store data and perform activities similar to a computer. This 2018, we will witness the exponential growth of business applications, although not only for the use of our clients, but they will be equally necessary to offer B2B services between companies. Application consumption studies have shown that geolocation is one of the most demanded. So they will consolidate even more this year: after all, people need a more interactive apps with personalized services, like the successful Waze application.
- Consolidation of chatbots: The fact that a program responded to requests from users represented the possibility of an instantaneous interaction to offer automatic solutions. These programs have incorporated, in addition to text, multimedia interface and text to speech converter programs. This condition has allowed users and companies to use them to dialogue and it has also become very necessary for communication between companies and employees.
- Expansion of the BYOD culture: A larger number of companies are expected to incorporate the BYOD corporate model (Bring your own device). For the employees it is much more comfortable to work with their resources, which represents a considerable cost savings and very high levels of productivity for the company. However, challenges remain to improve security in this type of practice, where the employee is accessing the assets of the company and for that, many organizations begin to include mobile device management platforms (MDM) to manage the workflow.
If you still have a few minutes, learn in our YouTube channel How to configure a virtual machine executed from VMWare?